Monday 10 October 2011

Happy guests comment on their Excelsior experience

 
Astrid - 30 Sep 2011
We had an absolutely fantastic time. The venue is beautiful and it’s so nice & quiet (break from the kids). The wine blending they offer is great, I do not even drink red wine and I was convinced to taste and blend my own and I so love that I now have my own wine.  I will definitely recommend it at work and home.  
  



Lauren - 30 Sep 2011
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Excelsior.   Karen was a superb hostess. And I appreciated the vintage look and feel of the establishment. The highlight for me was the wine blending of my very own wine! What a fantastic experience – definitely happy to have put that one under my belt. It makes for a good “ice breaker” or a small team build exercise. The facilities were great and I reckon the complete silence would do well for break away sessions. Breakfast by the pool side surrounded by the acres of green winelands was very calming indeed. The golf cart ride was great fun – and it required a second shower too.  I would like to extend my gratitude to yourself and your company for your generosity and professional manner in which all was arranged. A memorable experience indeed. 

Sonja - 01 Oct 2011
Here goes on our great experience at Excelsior....

Carin is just the best host ever and I can see why so many people, even strangers, could easily relate to her. She made us feel very welcome from our arrival, served us with some hot coffee and rusks and we just chatted away. We also met two pensioners that stayed over on Saturday and boy, they were such interesting people, we chatted the whole time, even dined together.

Dinner was just orgasmic. We had a full three course meal with ostrich as main course. Breakfast had a different touch with a mushroom & bacon sosatie. I just loved the smoothy and savoury muffins (always a favourite!). There was an Indian family group that stayed over on their last night before they flew back to Delhi and they requested to use the kitchen to make their own dinner. Carin accommodated them and I think that was a nice touch to be so flexible. Not every guesthouse establishment will allow that. They had left overs and we had a bit for breakfast yesterday - quite a tasty concoction.

The bedroom and en-suite was just so cosy and reminded me of my grandma's farm years ago. We loved the high ceilings and was lucky to have a fake fireplace with heater in our room. The bathroom is so dainty and had a beautiful Victorian type bath as well as shower. There's also a door that opens up on the back stoep which is wonderful. There is no TV in the whole guesthouse, so if you are a TV junky, you will not like it, but every room has a clock radio. Although we do watch TV, we just enjoyed the time without that intrusion and will definitely go back there.

The scenery on the farm is just so wonderful and I wish we could have stayed longer to get to see the rest of the farm. Unfortunately the rain kept us closer to the fire! We did however get the chance to bottle our own mix of wine yesterday morning and we really appreciated that experience to make "My own creation".

I would recommend Excelsior to anyone, especially people who can appreciate a quiet time away from the city or even a small group, e.g. our Exco who wants to do a team build away from the office. Carin showed us the conference centre and it boasts the latest technology.

Thanks again for the opportunity. we will definitely go visit there again and I have already spoken to my colleagues about the place.



Bronwyn 08 Oct 2011
OMG!!! Good Morning. It was GREAT, FABULOUS, BEAUTIFUL, LOVELY SERVICE, LOVELY and INTMATE. I Loved Karen and her staff and will definitely promote it at Woolworths. And will save to go back there myself.  Thank you so much for the gift. It was really appreciated.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment